Senior technical cloud consultant
We are looking for a Senior Technical Cloud Consultant to help guide our customers on their journey to the Google Cloud Platform. Here is a short list of what we are looking for:
- “Work experience” – In our projects you will be confronted with tricky challenges every day. Therefore, it would be good if you have 3 years of work experience in a similar field already, be it as Cloud Solutions Architect, Technical Cloud Consultant or another position with a similar role description.
- “Cloud Experience” – We obviously don’t expect you to be an expert in all available hyperscalers. However, it would be beneficial if you’ve worked with cloud technologies before, ideally even Google Cloud.
- “Operations” – When you think “RAID level” you don’t just think of a computer game, and know why monitoring, backups and documentation are an essential part of an operations environment? Very good, because as Google Cloud experts, we don’t just give advice, we also run some customers’ infrastructure. Therefore, we are keen to cover all aspects that are necessary for a successful and smooth operation.
- “Networks” – /12 & /21 in a subnetmask isn’t just a typo to you and you can explain the difference off the top of your head? BGP, MTU and MSS sound familiar to you too? Very good, because in GCP every resource is a network resource, so sound network knowledge is a basic building block for cloud experts.
- “Containers” – We want to offer our customers state-of-the-art technologies and not just migrate virtual machines 1:1. Docker and Kubernetes will be your daily companions with us, so you should be familiar with the technologies.
- “DevOps” – For us, “DevOps” means: Automation wherever possible, no rigid maintenance windows and manual deployments but Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform & Terragrunt) in combination with Version Control. If all else fails and there are no ready-made solutions, you are not afraid to fill in the missing steps in CI/CD using your own Bash scripts.
- “Customer Facing” – We maintain a very good relationship with our customers and partners. Regular and direct communication with them should be a matter of course for you.
- “Customer Focus” – Putting the wishes and requirements of our customers in the foreground is not just lip service. We often surprise our customers with new technologies and creative ideas to solve their problems. Coupled with our proactive nature, we are always well received.
- “Communication” – Putting the wishes and requirements of our customers first is not just lip service. We often surprise our customers with new technologies and creative ideas to solve their problems. Coupled with our proactive nature, we are always well received.
What to expect from us in return:
- “Who are we?” – 7 humorous and authentic people who live and love IT and would love to have you on our team. Each of us has gained years of experience in various companies, where we could experience ourselves what works well and what we can do better.
- “Latest technologies” – We love automation and innovation and are always looking for new tools to make life easier for us and our customers.
- “Open Communication” – Whether you’ve found a cool tool that everyone should know about, direct and candid feedback, or just everyday stuff, we listen to each other.
- “Team Spirit and Collaboration” – Everyone is unique and thus has their strengths and weaknesses, as well as likes and dislikes. With swarm intelligence and team spirit, there is nothing we can’t accomplish.
- “Training & Certification” – Living in a fast-paced time & industry, we regularly take time for continuing education & certifications to keep our knowledge current.
- “Teambuilding activities” – To strengthen our team spirit, we regularly organize team events together, be it a trip to the climbing park, go-karting, (LAN) parties or a “workation” week at 🏖️.
- “Remote work & flexible working hours” – Remote work is part of our DNA. With us, you don’t need “permission” or an “application”, because as flexible as life is, we also try to be and adapt to the challenges.
- “Work-life balance” – “You don’t leave until this is done” is something no one has ever heard with us. Often enough, it happens that the “bosses” (who, by the way, don’t want to be called that ;)) “send you home” when they notice that you’ve been in the office for a while. Weekend & free time is just that: free time.
- Café, energy drinks and a gaming corner (with PS5) should not be missing in any company 😉
- We compensate for the lack of movement caused by your job with ergonomic office chairs, electric bar tables for everyone and a MyClubs membership.
- Going to the office or Google Cloud Meetup, both and more possible with free Wiener-Linien yearly ticket!
- Modern office with 2 balconies where you can work in the sun in summer and we organize regular barbecues – basically a haBBtiQ *badum ts*
Your salary will be determined on the basis of your individual qualifications and the position-relevant professional experience corresponding to the KV classification (from € 4,000). There will be an overpayment in line with the market.
Sounds too good to be true and you don’t believe us? Transparency is important to us, so check out how we work & live on one of our social media channels. Or even better: send us your application and convince yourself in a personal interview, we are looking forward to you!